Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Devil Came on Horseback

The Devil Came on Horseback is a documentary film about the continuing Darfur Conflict in Sudan. It had its première at film festivals in early and mid-2007. This film documents former U.S. Marine Captain Brian Steidle, who is an unarmed military observer with the African Union. He is there with only a camera, a pad of paper and a pen.

I had the opportunity to see the film last Monday evening at Concordia's Cinema Politica. It is a chilling movie, not for the faint of heart. Ultimately I'm glad I got to see it because it has given me a context of the Darfur conflict, which I knew little about before seeing the film.

But why should we care? Well I certainly can't make you care. But if appropriate action is taken, then we can avoid further cultural genocide. I guess for me it starts with educating myself on the various political and conflictual situations occurring on our planet. Then we can use our voices to spread the word.

Today this blog shall be my voice.


Watch the trailer...





^
^
^

No comments: