Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I want the $$$$!

I've bitten the bullet. After five years of debt-free post secondary education I've applied for student loans. AH!!!! I know what am I thinking? The internal dialogue that occured:

"Hey Dan, wouldn't it be smart to get an arts degree while racking up thousands of dollars of debt with no guarantee of employment in the end?"

Reply: "Sounds great... bring on the money!"

So I was down at the Financial Aid office this morning, trying to get the loan in motion after having my 'file closed'. I had to provide evidence of supporting myself for the 24 months leading up into school. For most people this would be easy.

Unfortunately for me, being your average dysfunctional bohemian, it is less simple. After 4 different jobs, part-time school, periods of unemployment, and jet-setting to Cuba, Portugal, and the wilds of northern BC, it's just not easy to sum up 2 years in the life of Daniel Baylis.

Anyway, essentially I was frusterated with the system. Why does it have to be so complicated? It is a general test of my patience, something that I lack at times. I often get caught up in thinking that because I am a decent, kind human being, that somehow I deserve to have things come easy to me...

I have included a little clip that illustrates perfectly what I intend to do if the loan doesn't come in by the end of March. In the scene we have a boy who really wants his candy... with a little twist at the end outlining how the whole disaster could have been prevented.

enjoy!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to use condoms if they don't give you a student loan... well, I think you should use them even if they do.

: ) Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Life is tough Kiddo!! I think you've had it too easy in life. I new I should have beaten you a couple of times instead of all those hugs:) Have a fun volleyball weekend! Daaaddddyyy!

Anonymous said...

you were always one to throw the tantrum.... waahh.... "mom Lisa is bugging me" - well thorn - suck it up and bite into the big old debt one!!! you caught me on your blog... stinker - love ya

Kyla said...

Dan, you are so hilarious! I was thinking of actually having kids someday until I saw your little movie! ha! It was so funny to me because that is what my day is like everyday except the students are crying, "We want to go to the gym" aparantly they can speak English! Thanks for the laugh!

Kyla