Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Professional Crastinator

PROCRASTINATION: the deferment or avoidance of an action or task which requires completion by focusing on some other action or task. For the person procrastinating, this can result in a loss of productivity, stress and a sense of guilt. While it is normal for individuals to procrastinate to some degree, it becomes a problem when it impedes normal functioning. Chronic procrastination may be a sign of an underlying psychological or physiological disorder.






-------------------------------------------
Shit. Writing this blog takes effort.

Do I really want to write tonight????

(Daniel pauses to open a new internet window, checks his email, his bank account levels, the weather forecast, googles “the implications of sexual deprivation”)

I mean does anyone actually read this blog anyway?

I wonder what’s on TV?

(Daniel wonders into the living room)

Oh, yeah… Access Hollywood… sweeeeet. Tom and Katie are having a tiff… God, he’s such a freak. Brittney’s had a baby scare… Sean Preston fell from his highchair. Poor little guy, the last thing that kid needs is brain damage considering the genetics that he received.

Oh, right… I should really finish that blog.

Hmmm, I’m sort of hungry… I wonder if there’s anything in the cupboard?

(Daniel opens the cupboard, eats a chocolate chip cookie or five, then stands with the fridge door open and blinks blankly at the condiments for seven minutes)

(phone rings)

“ah, hello?… no Jimmy’s not here… who’s this?... oh, hey Minnie… no your son’s not home right now… school’s going really well, thanks for asking… yup, working really hard…barely have time to eat… for sure, I’ll tell him you called… bye”

What was I doing?

Oh, right… gotta get that blog done…first a quick trip to the bathroom.

(Daniel goes to the bathroom, reads an outdated copy of GQ, squeezes a few black-heads, Q-tips his ears, analyzes the state of his nose hairs…when he leaves the bathroom he realizes that the sun has now set and the apartment is dark)

I should turn some lights on.

Oh, I wonder if anyone has sent me an email?

(Daniel checks his email, then googles “appropriate nose hair”)

Hmmm… perhaps I should start that paper that’s due tomorrow.

No, I should finish that blog.

I wonder what’s on TV?...

------------------------------------

5 comments:

rabblerocket said...

Hi Danny B!

Flattery will get you all the blogging gadgets and doodads your little heart desires :)

At the bottom of each post:
Go to your blogger page, click on "Change Settings" and click on the "Formatting" tab.

At the bottom of that page is an option for "Post Template". You can put in anything you like, and tweak it with html tags if you like. I'll send you the code I have on my blog, and you can paste that in and change the text.

Listening to:
You need iTunes, and you'll need to download a couple of programs (iScrobbler and something else). Go to lastfm.com and sign up. They'll have instructions for putting the list on your site -- then just find the place in your sidebar (Change Settings>Template) on Blogger and paste in the code.

I used the "Metric" skin, because it's clearly the prettiest.

kisses!
Y.

Daniel Baylis said...

short shorts are back.

you heard it here first.

Unknown said...

Oh no,

the tourney won't help in the essay.
Unless your essay is "What did i do in the weekend".
In which case you could actually submit your blog.
Or better yet, juts your blog address, and have the Profs go and read it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan and I'm writting fro Seatttle Warshentin. Now get back to work PAPA

Anonymous said...

Your blog is like my taxes. Glad to see I'm not alone as a pro. ass.