Saturday, April 08, 2006

Quiet Drive in the Country II


This week I decided to enter into a relationship. It involves me, a financial interaction, some rubber, and multiple opportunities for a ride. Communauto (click to get more info) has accepted me to join the cult of the car-share!

As I've previously mentioned, there are many benefits of joining a car-share... the main arguement lays in the reduction of cars on the road. It allows me the freedom of a vehicle without actually having to buy one. It's a win-win situation for me and the world.

In my false notion that Montreal is light-years ahead of other Canadian cities, I initially assumed that there were not many other car-share options out there. I was surprised to find that there are actually many options. I did a quick google search to see what sort of options are out there, and found a lovely little sight called Carsharing.ca.

There are more than 15 cities in Canada with some form of car sharing. Perhaps even your community has an option? If not then maybe it's something that you'd want to bring up with your municiple politicians. This is the future of urban transport... bicycles, buses, and car-shares.

It's the best of all worlds. You get to keep your legs strong and you get to escape to the country when you need to.

No monsters involved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love car-shares.

Dennis said...

Daniel, I stopped by your blog. I followed your footprint via the stat counter.

I'm liking your blog.

Interesting...

Laid back...

Everyday.

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.