Saturday, June 03, 2006

Chicoutimite at Heart

It's official, I am supposed to be learning french! I just completed a highly scientific internet personality quiz, and it has reconfirmed my motivation to learn the language of the passionate. Now I just have to move to Paris...

Actually, Chicoutimi is much like Paris. The people here speak french, they have hair, and are even known to eat bread. There is also a really tall tree, not far from my home here, that with a little trimming and a spotlight could be mistake for the eiffel tower. I think I'll buy a burrét before I leave.

Interestingly, I am not really sure when I will be leaving. I am faced with a decision on what I would like to do with myself for the next five weeks. Here are the options:

1. Find work in Chicoutimi. This would allow me to save a bit of money and continue to practice my french... however I would have to quit any job that I found after only five weeks.

2. Roadtrip out to BC. My roommate here is driving to Vancouver and needing someone to join her on a mad, cross-country four day adventure. Benifits include seeing family and folks in BC... minus points however for incuring more student debt.

3. Go back to Montreal.


Anyway, if you have two cents to throw at me (larger amounts of money also welcome), you can leave your, advice, votes, instructions, words-of-the-wise, and insults in the "comments" section.


You Should Learn French

C'est super! You appreciate the finer things in life... wine, art, cheese, love affairs.
You are definitely a Parisian at heart. You just need your tongue to catch up...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey deebs - i'm in the middle of exams and papers, but would love to respond to the email you sent, I have a bit of time tuesday. Exciting options though !! What's your gut saying? I'll chat with you soon.

xx
jv

Lisa Baylis said...

BC!! BC!!! BC!!!!
come see my new wicked pad! call me tomorrow night - we got in too late tonight to call!
xox
Lisa

Anonymous said...

"Go with Rachel."

A message from her bestfriend waiting impatiently for her to come back!!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, i just read the whole thing blogwards and it still made sense. I started in Paris and ended up finding Moe. I feel like I just experience the fabulous life of Emilie Poulin. As I went along it all started to make sense... especially the fact I was going blogwards, doing it my way.......
Do what you want to do.....life is short.....free rides don't come often.... debit is easy to make....... and vegetarian lesbian mum's who make guitars do have beards some times...... perhaps you were making judgments and assumptions about Roberta, Dan