Friday, June 16, 2006

Safe and Sound

After five days and 5000 km's, we have arrived in Vancouver.

We have been extremely fortunate to have good weather and no automotive problems! For those who were curious, we took the interstate highway (I-94) across the northern USA, visiting nine states in five days. It was a really beautiful drive... I would go as far as saying that it was more beautiful than the Canadian route (Highway 1). I am inspired to go back.

More highlights:

• The Badlands of North Dakota

• A slow sinking sun over the Montana prairies

• Dramatic storms and epic mountains of the Continental Divide

• Talking to the locals... I have never met so many friendly people

I wish I had more time to ramble on and on about it, but unfortunately I'm a bit pressed. Stay tuned for some video footage of the trip. We did a video journal each day, and I hope to share some of that.

I'll leave with some photos of the landscape that we saw (photos stolen, but accurate representations):




3 comments:

Lisa Baylis said...

I am glad you are safe home on the west coast! can't wait to see you...

Anonymous said...

Cool site but not what i was looking for on http://www.ceer.ca. So I say ado.. and off I go.

Kyla said...

Beautiful pics, looks like it must have been a wonderful adventure!